That's what little boys are made of. . .

. . . is my valiant attempt at blogging about these THREE special little boys. hopefully, it will help our loved ones to keep up with us, and help me to remember these days that are flying by way to fast. enjoy!!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

licensed. . .

so on saturday, after much complaining, i finally went to take a course that rick has been wanting me to take. it was a long day (almost 9 hours), but as of 2/14/09 (yes, that's right, valentine's day), melissa is licensed to carry a concealed weapon. yikes!
let me reiterate again and again that i did not want to take this class. i complained about how long it was, that it was on v-day, that there was going to be a camera crew there from fox filming us, that i had to shoot a gun and actually hit a target at least 35 times out of 50, that there were a thousand other ways that i wanted to spend my day, etc.
all that to say, that it was totally worth every minute. i learned so much. i honestly think that every woman who has a handgun in their house should take it. now don't get me wrong, melissa will probably not be packing heat anytime soon. still trying to wrap my mind around that one. but, i learned how to be comfortable with a gun, how to shoot a gun, how to protect myself and my family, the law about when and how i can protect myself, and to top it off, i actually hit the target 49/50 times.
so let me say publicly. . . thank you, rick! i know that i gave you a hard time, but i learned alot and the v-day surprise that you had waiting for me when i got home made up for the hours i missed with my fellas.
let me end this post with a quote from the instructors e-mails. . .it cracks me up. listen up folks, "tactical perfection is a journey not a destination". heehee!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

oh to have been there!! =) I'm sure it was quite an experience =)I'm sure your accuracy was all due to so much target practice in PE archery! =) Thanks Coach Freese! =)