That's what little boys are made of. . .

. . . is my valiant attempt at blogging about these THREE special little boys. hopefully, it will help our loved ones to keep up with us, and help me to remember these days that are flying by way to fast. enjoy!!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

mrs. buckley


that is the name of gabe's new first grade teacher. let me start by saying that the simple fact that he is going to be in the first grade is unbelievable. it just doesn't seem possible that we are at this point already.
gabe will have to switch schools this year because of our move. we loved mitchell road and were very happy there, but gabe is excited about being at skyland this year and making new friends.
so, back to mrs. buckley. i usually have some anxiety each year as i wonder who gabe's teacher will be, what she will be like, does she share our belief system. it is the thing that scares me most about the public school system. i am turning over my little boy to someone i don't know, and someone who will spend more time with him during the day than i will.
so, all that said, pray that i will continually turn this over to the Lord. He knows even better than i do what gabe needs, and he will provide that for him when i cannot.
mrs. buckley (if you ever read this), we are praying for you, and we hope you have a blessed school year.
gabe, we're proud of you buddy. you are an amazing kid and we hope you have lots of fun in the FIRST GRADE!!!

ps. by the way, this picture had better be the only time we find you in a police car!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Hi there...
I found your blog from Sarah's at My Crazy Loves. I went to college with her!

I just wanted to say that I can SO relate to this post! We just sent our oldest to public school for 2nd grade after homeschooling her for the first two years. The HARDEST thing for me has been first of all missing her and then secondly not knowing the teacher that she is with for over 6 hours of the day!

I have been praying about how to get involved and make contact with a teacher who seems a little hard to get to know. We want to show her God's love and too are praying for her too! This is quite the new experience for us...and this "letting go" stuff is hard work!!!

Hope that your son's first grade year goes well!! :-)