That's what little boys are made of. . .

. . . is my valiant attempt at blogging about these THREE special little boys. hopefully, it will help our loved ones to keep up with us, and help me to remember these days that are flying by way to fast. enjoy!!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

my bff. . .


this week my best friend from college, beth, came to visit. here are the things i love about beth. . .

1. she's funny. she is one of the funniest people i know. she's always laughing or making me laugh.
2. she's honest. she's one of the few friends that i have that will tell me like it is. if i mess up, say something stupid, or get too caught up in myself, she will let me know.
3. she gets me. she understands my hang ups, frustrations, funnies, obsessions and shares quite a few of them. i think that's why we are such a good match.
4. she loves my kids. my kids look forward to beth's visit. she tickles them, hugs them, and loves on them like they are her own. i teared up today when they said goodbye and told her that they loved her. i have to remind them several times during the week that bethie came to "play with mommy" not with them!!
5. she's a good example. whether she realizes it or not, beth sets such a great example for me. she is the perfect picture of someone who loves the Lord and continues to wait patiently on Him as she finds her place in His story.

bethie, i love you more than words can say. i'm already missing you and you just left 30 minutes ago. thank you for loving me, making me laugh and being my best friend forever.

1 comment:

bvencill said...

that was very nice. all those things are exactly why you are my friend, too!! i really do wish we lived on the same street. :) i'm telling ya, we better have side by side mansions in heaven!!! love you, too!!!!